Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Short Sweet Story of a Cupcake

We went to Disneyland  for Spring break, and one of the things we decided to do was try a new food item every day. I had read online about a Pretzel Roll at the Village Haus, and I thought that it would be a fun new thing for the family to try. We went to the Village Haus, which is located in Fantasyland, and were immediately captivated by this Black Forest Cupcake.


What is not to love about this cupcake? There are lovely large curls of scrumptious chocolate, placed at an angle, into a fluffy cream icing and crowned with a juicy maraschino cherry. I kid you not, this icing is good enough to eat with a spoon, it wasn't heavy or too sweet and acted as an excellent compliment to the chocolate.




So, as if that wasn't enough - the chocolate cake was rich, fluffy and there were more cherries inside of it. More cherries? Yes, there were cherries throughout the cake. Each bite was a chocolate cherry surprise. 


Sweet chocolate, light cream and a slightly tart cherries in the middle. A cupcake for those of you who like fruit and chocolate together. We split the cupcake between three of us, and we liked it so much, that we made up a phrase, to go with the expression that our faces made when we took a bite.

The Happy Cherry Chocolate Face.


We can hardly wait to go back. The Village Haus also has an apple strudel that looked delicious, but that will have to wait for another trip.


Do you have a favorite desert that you would like to share? Or not share?

11 comments:

  1. Yum!!! That looks delicious! I'm a big fan of Outback Steakhouse's Chocolate Thunder, although I suggest getting the sample size, even to share. It's HUGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I had to Google Chocolate Thunder, and it looks fantastic. I will keep your size recommendations in mind, as we are usually too full for dessert.

      Delete
  2. My new favorite is that cupcake! Actually, I don't eat dessert much, so I don't have any to recommend. I do like gingerbread a lot. And creme brulee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like gingerbread too. I haven't had creme brulee enough to have an opinion, though it does look delicious.

      Delete
  3. That looks wonderful! I love cherries and chocolate! I am also a creme brulee fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been obsessing on cherries and chocolate ever since.

      Delete
  4. Now I am really wanting dessert. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's the prettiest cupcake I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Dana. Dana likes chocolate, this I know from her Facebook posts and giveaways.

      Delete
  6. Will you adopt me? I'd always be on time and I could make the "Happy Cherry Chocolate Face." I think I like this post so much because death by chocolate is one of my favorite desserts. Your Black Forest Cupcake, to use the desperately scientific term always used on Top Chief, looks like a "deconstructed" version of it. Yum. I'm so happy that you had fun and stayed well-fed in the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Callmebookish - I think you would have a blast with us at Disneyland, so consider yourself adopted. :) Is death by chocolate something you make? My friend makes cookies called death by chocolate.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.