Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Review of Lord and Lady Spy by Shana Galen

Lord and Lady SpyLord and Lady Spy by Shana Galen



My rating: 5 of 5 stars





Lord and Lady Spy by Shana Galen is a wonderfully sizzling action adventure with a delightful pair of characters Lord Adrian Smythe and Lady Sophia Smythe. As, you may guess the main characters are married, and from the title you might have gathered that they are involved in espionage, but all is not as it seems.

One of my favorite things about the book were the beautifully choreographed action scenes which transport the reader right into the midst of the adventure. I also enjoyed the relationship that developed between  Lord and Lady Smythe who had been married for years, but in all the ways that count were virtual strangers. Finally, I appreciated the sensitive handling of the major emotional obstacles that the Smythes faced in the story. When the story came to an end I could only hope that this would be the beginning of many Sophia and Adrian's stories.

The less you know going into Lord and Lady Spy the better so you can enjoy the story as it unfolds. I like to be surprised when I am reading a book, but what about you? Do you like spoilers or surprises?





View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I tried copying the review I wrote at Goodreads into my own blog, so of course it is heavily linked to Goodreads. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm not keen on the star rating system. Either a book is my cup of tea or it isn't. If it isn't my cup of tea you wont see it here. Lord and Lady Spy is exactly my cup of tea. It weighed in at 382 pages. and there wasn't a dull moment in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Gayle! Great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.